Quite a few times logo designers make certain small but striking design mistakes. A bad logo design can cause you the reputation of your company.
There could be various reasons for the mistakes that a logo designer makes. It could either be the short deadlines or it could be some technical issue. Whatever it is, you should make sure that your logo designer does not commit these silly mistakes.
- Lack of design process: Logo designers always tend to rush, so they do not go into much research work. It is better if you do some research work as in going through the logos of different rival companies. Try and understand the choice of targeted people. Take your time, rushing wont help at all.
- Using clip art and stock images: Logo designers to make their work easy, use clip art and stock images which is not a good idea. A logo designer should never copy from other designs or use easy directive concepts. So avoid any use of clip art or vector graphics as that will make the logo design look very cheap.
- Overdoing colors and fonts: Use of too many colors or fonts will make the logo design complex and unappealing. It is recommended no to use more than two fonts. A logo designer should avoid using too many colors until and unless the client asks him to design a multi-colored logo. Avoid overlapping as that will not look good.
- Not using the right software: Logo designers might use Photoshop to create a logo design. But if an image is created by the help of Photoshop, it might not look the same if the size is changed. So better use Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw.
- Not catering to multiple marketing: Logo designer should create a logo design that can be used in all formats and scales. Since the same sized logo is not used every where. So it should look good wherever it is used.
Keep things simple but classy. And remember there is no room for silly mistakes while designing a logo.
Looking forward to your business logo design process, please get in touch with us.