If there’s something annoying about moving, it’s endless packing of all of your stuff and it’s transportation. However, without doing that, it’s impossible to move, so start doing it step by step and you will see that eventually it’s not such a big deal. We’re here to guide you through your moving process.
Start packing on time
First of all, make a plan and then go step by step.
It is important to start packing on time so that you don’t have to rush before the moving day. It is always better to take your time and get it done right. Follow these tips:
1) Make a list of what needs to be packed, and where it needs to go in the new house.
2) Pack items that are used most often first, and those will be the first items to carry to your new place.
3) Label boxes with a marker, so that you can find them easily when unpacking.
4) Keep large items like furniture boxed up until you get to your new house.
5) Make sure to include moving blankets and packing tape when packing for the move.
6) Save all paperwork, receipts, and warranties in case any of your items need to be fixed in the future.
7) Wrap electronics with a soft cloth before putting them in their boxes.
8) Place all important documents like insurance cards, social security card, birth certificate, and credit card bills in a safe place.
9) Create a list of what personal items you need to take with you in case the movers get lost or damaged while they are moving your belongings to the new house.
10) Pack clothes and shoes in your suitcases, etc.
Create a moving calendar
If you have a schedule that is customized to your needs and lists the exact relocation activities you need to finish before moving day, along with the necessary timeframes for their completion, you will stay more organized throughout your move. Prioritizing the chores based on their relevance and difficulty should be done throughout the months, weeks, and days you have left before your move.
Label your moving boxes
Moving to a new place is a stressful event. However, with the right preparation, you can make it easier on yourself. One way to do this is by labeling your moving boxes.
Labeling your moving boxes will make them easier to find and organize when you get to your new place. It will also help you stay organized while packing and unpacking!
Use different colors for different boxes or just write it on the paper and stick it to the box so you can know what’s in it. Dispose the stuff you don’t need right away, for example winter clothes if it’s summer or vice versa. Those things are the last ones you need to transport.
Pay attention to moving your furniture
Moving furniture can be tricky, mostly because it’s big and it needs to be dismantled, carried to your new place and reassembled again. You might want this to be done by a reliable furniture removalist from Sydney because it’s a lot of work for one person. Make sure there is insurance included just in case something happens. Good thing about this is that professional furniture removalists do all the packing and wrapping themselves in such a way that any possible damage is reduced to a minimum.
Don’t forget to keep the numbers of your providers
When moving, do you need to stop or change your utilities? Maintaining a list of contact information for each monthly service provider will help you keep all utility information organized. Cable and internet, water and sewer, gas, electricity, satellite, security system, garbage collection, and phone service are some examples of utilities. Once a list of phone numbers has been collected, it is best to save it inside your moving binder.
Get rid of stuff you don’t need or want to donate
So you’ve passed through your stuff and you’ve seen a lot of unused clothes, shoes, souvenirs or anything else that is lying around there collecting dust. This is a good chance to get rid of that stuff. Those that are not usable anymore can be tossed to the trash and those that can still be used can be donated. Throw a garage sale or organize a Facebook event to invite people to come over and choose some of those things for themselves.
If you have already scheduled moving to another place, start preparing right away following these useful tips. Make sure to stay focused and organized because that will make the whole process faster and easier. Make sure you collaborate with the professionals if you have heavy furniture to move or objects of value.