With convention and event centers, fine hotels and a bustling, convenient airport, Chicago is one of the most popular destinations for business travelers in the United States. In fact, 9.6 million people traveled to Chicago for business in 2009 alone, according to a study released by the Chicago Office of Tourism. That figure is good news for the individual business traveler, since all of the Chicago hotels are actively competing to win you over.
What Business Travelers Need:
- Communications: While individual needs may vary, most travelers look for quality Wi-Fi and the ability to connect to a network anywhere in the hotel, including the individual rooms. A business center with fax machines, video conferencing capabilities and other amenities can be a huge plus for the business traveler staying in a Chicago hotel.
- Meeting Space: Where you choose to meet says a lot about your business, and according to Meetings.org, there are a few essentials you should look for in a meeting spot. From convention halls to individual conference rooms and classroom space, many hotels are ready to host a meeting, workshop, educational seminar or trade show event. The technology that supports a space is as important as the room itself; audiovisual equipment, white boards, and full size movie screens to showcase your Power Point presentation are handy.
- Atmosphere: An upscale, well-appointed atmosphere with rich, corporate style furnishings can make an impression on your clients and customers. Networking is easy when everyone around you is in town on business, so bring plenty of cards to pass around.
- Services: With an on-duty concierge to make suggestions — and reservations — you’ll be able to impress out of town clients.
- Dining options: Working late? When you’re burning the midnight oil in your room and need to finish up a few more tasks before that important morning meeting, order up room service and you’ll be able to dine in comfort and keep right on working in your room. If you’re feeling more social, head down to one of the hotel’s restaurants or lounges for a quick break without leaving the premises.
- Recreation: if you work hard, you likely play hard as well. Many of Chicago’s business hotels also offer easy access to the city’s best entertainment offerings including theater, world class shopping, museums and some of the best dining you’ll find on the planet.
One of the best business travel destinations in the world, Chicago is home to thousands of hotel rooms in every price category, allowing you to choose the amenities that are most important to your business or event.